'La Vista Da Qui' is Italian for 'The View From Here'.
This blog is intended to be a messageboard for my views and opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree. Enjoy...







Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Knock To The Head? Seek Help!

Reading news reports today of the death of 17 year old Cameron Lowe made me shudder.

Cameron was out with some friends when they got into an altercation with some other kids. Cameron was punched in the head and he fell and hit his head on the road. A few hours later he was dead.

About 18 months ago I was woken in the middle of the night to a phone call telling me my boyfriend had been put in hospital due to a head injury.

He was king hit out of nowhere. It came out of the blue, so with no warning to defend himself he fell and hit his head on the road and was knocked unconscious.

Thankfully he was taken to hospital and kept for observation. He received the proper medical care he needed. My story could have been alot different. Cameron was at home, complaining of the pain on his facebook page. He should have been in hospital. If he had been it's more than likely he'd still be alive.

Head injuries are difficult to diagnose but are so serious and need proper immediate attention. Hopefully Cameron's death will not be in vain and will promote awareness for anyone who is in doubt to see a doctor.

I'm grateful everyday that Aaron has no serious lasting injuries but even moreso when I hear stories like this one today.

RIP Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment