'La Vista Da Qui' is Italian for 'The View From Here'.
This blog is intended to be a messageboard for my views and opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree. Enjoy...







Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nastiness Is The New Black

When I was growing up my parents taught me to treat others the way I want to be treated. I have the saying 'If you don't have anything nice to say...' ingranied on my brain.

So why is it these days that bitchy is in fashion? It seems that everywhere you go someone is being rude or nasty to someone else. You can't read an open comments section on a news website without seeing some display of uncalled for meanness. Just today I clicked a link on the Daily Telegraph website for a new Lady Gaga song. There was only one comment that went something along the lines of "It would be better if she got a new head reconstruction'. It just made me think why bother being nasty? There was no need for it. Obviously some people get off on negitivity.

In the past few weeks I've been on two different buses changing drivers and had passengers on the bus yell at the driver to hurry up! Yes, it is annoying when they change drivers but these are scheduled into the timetable. These are people who are just doing their job. Where has the understanding in our society gone?

Why is being a bitch acceptable these days? Are we so used to living in a world where you can get everything in an instant that we have become so self-obsessed that we forget common courtesy to others? Are we taking examples from trashy reality tv like The Real Housewives of whatever city they are in that week, thinking that they are rich and on tv I want to be like them?

If everybody went back to their childhood lessons of getting along and sharing with others we might not be so stressed as a society. If everybody took the time to take a breath before telling someone off problems might get resolved better and quicker. If everybody just took a chill pill and relaxed for 2 minutes rather than flaring up we all might be happier.

I'm hoping that as with all trends, this fashion will fade. I want understanding back in fashion. I want a simple smile to be the new black.

No comments:

Post a Comment